Total Pageviews

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sad Realities



Every mother at some point reaches a point where they have to think in the best interest of their child whether they want to or not. At the age of 14 I met the guy who is now my oldest daughter's father. I was 16&pregnant and at 17 I became a mother for the first time. It wasn't a cake walk because my daughter was born 4 months early and weighed only 2 pounds. Now she's 5 about to be 6 and I can honestly say without the help of family she wouldn't be the strong smart mouthed little girl she is today. My daughter has been here almost 6 years and her dad has never done a thing for her. I can probably count on my hands and toes the amount of times he's ever seen her. I've tried to get him involved but I've learned you can't make a man who doesn't want to be a dad be one. And that's not what I want to do. the problem with this situation is that my daughter knows she has a daddy. She sees her sister with her dad, she sees my sisters with their dad, and even me with my own father. So all she knows is that she doesn't have one. And the saddest thing a child can ever do is come to their mom and ask why isn't my daddy around? Does he even care about me? I used t be able to answer that question but recently I can't because I'm not sure of the answer myself. I used to be able to say that he's away but that's not the case anymore. He's not away anymore and its the same cycle again. So I'm faced with looking at the sadness in my daughter's eyes and wanting to slap the black off my baby's father. I'm doing like many single mom's are doing though. Dealing with it. This isn't usually what I post about but its something that's been on my chest for a while now. Feels good to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment